Micro-history and techniques of comics
- Discover a universe -the comic book- that has always intrigued you, but you’ve never had a chance or time to get into.
- Deepen your baggage and compare interests and inclinations with other comic book fans.
- Experience a new type of language, immediate and effective.
- Enhance your talent for drawing or storytelling.
- Get to know an established artist and follow his advices and directions.
- The best comics made, in addition to the ebook, can then be published together with the works of cartoonists and illustrators known in the volume My covid in comics. A social tale of a global pandemic.
Claudio Calia, one of the most important italian Graphic Journalist. He has already worked with CEFA in the framework of the Project “Jamin Tunisie” in partnership with Overseas Onlus.
The micro-history and techniques of comics course consists of 4 recorded sessions, with an average duration of 30 minutes
- Sessione 1 “Small history of comics”
- Sessione 2 “The characteristics of comics”
- Sessione 3 “10 authors in pills”
- Sessione 4 “”Comics as a language to tell reality”.
In addition to the recorded content, each session involves the interaction of the participants and the deepening of individual topics, through the exploration of multimedia contents and illustrative support materials made available by the trainer.
Modality and duration
The online free course will take place in July 2020.
You will join your classthrough the google Classroom platform; course sessions and illustrative materials are made available to participants in a consecutive way, in a period of maximum 20 days. A calendar with details of the individual sessions, restitution of the exercises and live moments of confrontation will be communicated once the registration of participants in the Classroom has been completed (andin any case no later than 5 July 2020).
A real Journey
Claudio Calia will follow the progress of the course remotely, interacting in written form with the Classroom participants throughout its duration (20 days). There will also be three moments of live discussion between trainer and participants: at the beginning of the course, in the middle of the programme and at the end of the recorded sessions.
In addition to the training aspect, the course aims to accompany the participants in the creation of a comic. In parallel to the progress of the sessions, the trainer will assist the participants -by interacting within the Classroom- in the design and technical execution of the board.
The works produced will then be published in ebook format and participants will receive, in addition to the publication itself, an original drawing of the trainer (in digital format) as a final certificate.
Requirements to partecipate
- Basic knowledge of the English language (the course is held in English)
- Having a gmail account (required to access the classroom)
- Be resident in one of the following countries: Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Iraq, Italy, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Mozambique, Tanzania, Tunisia, Morocco.
- To be over 16 years old (priority for young people aged between 18 and 30)
- Be strongly motivated (places are limited and there are no cash prizes, the success of the course and the response to the challenge requires the commitment and perseverance of each individual participant).
- The submission of an optional presentation drawing will strengthen your application (it is not the quality of the drawing that will be evaluated, but the act itself)
- The optional submission of your CV will strengthen your application.
- The maximum number of participants admitted to the Classroom is 10 people for country. In case of a higher number of candidates, the promoters of the challenge will make a selection according to the above-mentioned requirements and following the chronological order of receipt of the application form.
The deadline for submission of applications is 3 July 2020.
For more information